An Offer That I May Have to Refuse...

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

This morning, my dad showed me a document that was given to him by the company he works for about a job opening. The position is for a Customer Service Representative but it’s in Bakersfield, CA. He asked me if I would want to take it. He told me to think about it, the money was good, and if I decided I wanted it he’d put in a word for me. Now, my dad has a lot of pull when it comes to hiring. He’s not a suit either. He works in the factory, and he’s in there making the parts with all the other works. But when it comes to emergency repairs, hiring new people, and training they always come to him. He’s the go to guy. So for him to “put in a word” more often than not will guarantee me the position.


At first, I was so ecstatic that I almost said yes. We'd finally be back in California!! Maybe not exactly where we had hoped, but still it would be in CALIFORNIA! That idea alone was enticing. But then I realized I can’t just say yes. I have to talk to my husband first. There are so many things to consider before making a big leap like that. I have a job here that I wouldn’t want to just quit without giving at least a two weeks notice to. They've been really good to me and I wouldn’t want to just up and leave them hanging. I’m also currently going to school. Moving would probably cause me to be set back and who knows when I’d get back to my studies or if I’d have the time? And since my husband isn’t currently working, a move like that would deplete our savings entirely. This thought alone leaves a bad feeling in my stomach.

So as much as I’d love to say “Yes, let’s do it!” I have to think about things realistically. We have to think about things realistically. Would we be able to make this move? Is it in our best interest, as a family, right now? Should I postpone my studies? None of these I currently have an answer to. My dad told me to take a week to think about it, let him know, and then we’d go from there if I decided I wanted to apply for it. There seem to be so many obstacles and one major decision. This decision could change our lives, or keep us on our current track. Either way I know that no matter what, my husband and I will make the right decision for our family. 




No comments:

Post a Comment